Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ADD-time

So I've survived today's deadlines. I finished my Javascript lab, I wrote the report that goes with it, I finished my Physics homework, and now I'm waiting for a tutor to show up and help save me from Computer Science.

Last week I got told I need to be medicated for ADD. I was sitting around, talking about life, and this doctor told me I need to get hopped up on meds because its making my wife unhappy. Well, I still haven't gotten any medicine, I've survived the last 24.5 years without using anything to chill me out, and my wife is still here at home with me.

I don't know how seriously urgent that lady was, but do I really want some meds to mess with the chemicals in my body? Not really. I'll go visit the Academic Support Services office sometime soon and see what they have to say, but I would much rather just control myself. I do wish they could find some meds to help me think like a programmer, though. Then after this programming class, I can go back to being social, normal, and NOT a crazy coder that sits in his dark basement 24/7/365 and does nothing but program the Matrix.

So if it will help my marriage out, I'll do whatever it takes. If that means a bunch of medication, then OK, even if I will want to fight it at first.

No comments: