Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Nov. 5

So a lot happened today.  We have a new President-Elect, Barack Obama.  I don't trust him to solve our problems yet, but I'm hoping he won't screw things up too much, especially with taxes and the economic situation we're dealing with right now.

Proposition 8 passed in California after a long and hard fight to preserve traditional marriage in the state.  There were MANY similar propositions that were up in other states, including some abortion props as well, but only the one in Cali drew any attention.

But besides that, it was a normal day at school today.  Which resulted in about 10 hours of homework today as well.

There was one great thing that happened today, however.  It snowed.  A week or so ago, it fake-snowed on a really windy night, but this morning it actually snowed, stayed on the ground, and made it silent outside.  If you've ever been in the snow, you know what I'm talking about when I say its "silent."  I love the snow.  But just as I got to school and saw it was still snowing outside, it stopped and almost completely melted by the time I was walking back home.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.  I hope that more snow comes before its Christmas already and has only snowed for part of one morning.  Curse global warming!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love the snow too!!